With the Richmond Chapter receiving its official chapter status it is a great time to become involved in committees to advance the goals of the chapter. Check out the committees listed in the next section and consider where you can contribute. With everyone’s help, the ASPE Richmond Chapter can be a huge asset to its members and a great way to be involved in our profession. If you have an interest in serving on a particular committee, please contact Mike Gray at
email@example.com for more information.
There are several committees that we are working to establish to advance the goals of the ASPE Richmond Chapter. Future editions of this section of the newsletter will include updates on the work of the committees.
Goal # 1: Establish the ASPE Brand:
Website & Newsletter Committee - Committee Chair - Ron Semel CPE
Marketing Committee - Committee Chair - OPEN
Goal #2: Provide Value to our Members:
Programs Committee - Committee Chair - Jacob Dyer
Awards Committee - Committee Chair - OPEN
Certification Committee - Committee Chair - Ron Semel CPE
Membership Committee - Committee Chair - Don Wood CPE
Technology / Social Networking Committee - Committee Chair - Patrick Kelly
Goal #3: Public Service:
Public Service Committee - Committee Chair - OPEN
National committee representation by the NE Region: The NE Region has the opportunity to be represented on a National level through participation in National Committees. These positions do not take a lot of time and the meetings are often teleconferences, although occasional travel is sometimes required. Here is a list of the National Committees with those serving listed and the OPEN positions noted. Remember that participation counts for credential renewals.
· Certification Committee: Peter Saxon CPE
· Education Committee: Ron Semel CPE
· Standards Committee: Mike Gray CPE
· Awards: Dexter Murphy CPE
· Bylaws: OPEN
· Chapter Development: Bruce Schlesier CPE
· Finance: Society Treasurer – John Stewart FCPE
· Industry Awareness: Seppo Markkanen CPE (Chair)
· Membership: Greg Williamson CPE (past NE Regional Gov.)
· Nominations: OPEN
· Strategic Planning: All BOT Members
· Investigative Committee (CPE, 5 year term): OPEN (note the NE representatives term will end July 2013. This would be a great opportunity for a mature member. This committee meets only when an issue arises.
· Fellows: (FCPE designation required) Terry McGeehan & Lewis Finkel
· MAL Services: OPEN Preferably this would be a position for an existing MAL member.
· Professional Recognition: Bill Manfredonia CPE
· Speakers Bureau: OPEN
· Scholarship: OPEN
· Sustainability: OPEN